Makes: 10 servings
- 1 C (250 ml) quick oats
- 1/4 C (60 ml) whole-wheat or gluten-free flour
- 1/4 C (60 ml) chopped dried fruit, – your choice
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Apple Pie Spice
- 1/4 C (60 ml) honey
- 1/4 C (60 ml) nut butter, – your choice
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) unsweetened applesauce
- Vegetable oil
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium-size bowl. Stir to blend and set aside.
- Combine honey and nut butter in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, until smooth. Add applesauce.
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and stir quickly until well-combined.
- Using Basting Brush, lightly brush Rectangular Steamer with oil. Spread mixture evenly, pressing firmly to remove any air pockets.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2–3 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Let cool completely before cutting. Use a sharp or serrated knife to cut into bars. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Tip: Mix 1/2 cup (125 ml) chocolate chips straight into the recipe. Or, once you have cut the Bars, drizzle with melted dark chocolate!